Using the My Torch Menu
In this article:
- Accessing the My Projects Menu
- Accessing the My Torch (Profile & Settings) Menu
- Turning Touches On or Off
- Resetting the World Anchor
The My Torch menu is where you can tinker with things under the hood in Torch AR: manage your projects, modify your Torch user profile, turn on Touches contact Torch Support, and more. This article covers each of the menu options, starting from the top.
To access the My Torch menu, follow these steps:
- Open the Torch AR app. If your Torch screen reads “Scan a well-lit surface with your device” or “Tap anywhere to set the world anchor,” finish setting the World Anchor before continuing.
- From the design environment of a project, navigate to the My Torch menu by tapping your My Torch avatar in the upper right corner. The My Torch menu opens.
Accessing the My Projects Menu
The My Projects Menu is where you can see all of the projects that you have created and those that have been shared with you. From this listing you can open your projects, edit their properties, remove yourself as a collaborator on shared projects, or delete your own projects.
For more information about working with projects, read Working with Projects.
Accessing the My Torch (Profile & Settings) Menu
The Profile & Settings menu gives you control of certain features of your account, including the following:
- View a closeup of your avatar
- Set your display name
- Provide a different email address
- Change the accent color for your account. The account color appears as a border around your avatar at the top of project cards you own and on the Sharing tab when accessed by collaborators working projects you own
- Update the password for your Torch account
- Connect to any third-party accounts (currently, the only option is Sketchfab). Tap the switch to toggle the account on or off
- Enable experimental features (also known as alpha or beta testing). Tap the switch to toggle testing on or off. Tap the Refresh Remote Config Values button to check for updates.
Note: The first time you toggle this feature on, you must wait to be approved by Torch AR.