Add Video and Audio to Your Project
Adding Video (with Audio) to Your Project
You can add video, both silent or with audio, to your project the same way you add images: either via the camera roll or cloud storage via the Browse button in the Object Drawer.
Tip: With Torch 4, you can now control the play state of videos using the Playable Media Object Property.
360 Video Support
By default, Torch assumes video is 2D and will map it to a flat plane in 3D space when it is added to a scene. The one exception is when a 360 video is detected. For 360 video, it will become a spherical object that properly maps the video to the interior of a sphere. This sphere is a standard scene object which means it can be fully manipulated and interacted with.
The video must have the proper metadata for Torch to recognize it as a 360 video. Most 360 cameras automatically add this metadata but you may need to add it yourself for videos produced by other means.
How to Add 360 Metadata to Video
- Download the Google 360 Video Metadata app for Mac or Windows
- Un-zip the file, then open the 360 Video Metadata app. If you’re on a Mac, you may need to right-click the app and then click “Open”
- Check the "My video is spherical" box
- Click “Open" to select the video file
- Click "Inject metadata"
- Save the file. A new file will be created automatically in the same location as the original file