Using the Open Link Interaction Response
In this article:
As discussed in Working with Interactions, attaching interactions to objects in a scene enables you to create dynamic responses during Play Mode. An interaction consists of a trigger (cause) and one or more responses (effects)--either Action or Trigger Receiver responses. Open Link is an action response that enables you to link to an external web page or application from within Torch. This response contrasts with the Call API action response, which enables you to reference an internet or intranet HTTP(S) endpoint as part of an interaction response without leaving the Torch app.
A few situations in which you might use the Call API response include any URL that iOS supports can be opened, such as:
- Websites, such as
- App links, such as
- Torch project links, such as
Tip: For a complete discussion on working with interactions, triggers and responses, read Working with Interactions.
Creating an Open Link Response
To set an Open Link action response to a trigger:
- If needed, tap an object in your scene to select it. The object appears highlighted in blue.
- Tap the Interactions icon (the lightning bolt) in the context menu on the right side of the screen. The Object Interactions drawer opens and a list of all previously created interactions on the selected object appear.
- Tap the interaction you want to work on. The Trigger & Responses view opens. Under the Interaction Responses section, locate the Action Response button.
- Tap Action Response. The Action Response view opens.
- Tap Open Link (chain icon). The Open Link view opens.
- In the Target Link pill, enter the URL you want the trigger to open, and then tap the Back arrow in the lower left corner to return to the Action Response view, or just tap the X to close the drawer and return to the scene.
- To test the response, tap Play and tap the object to which you attached the interaction. Torch will open the link after all other responses have occurred.
Removing an Open Link Response
To cancel an Open Link response and remove it from the interaction:
- Follow steps 1-5 in the previous section to navigate to the Open Link view of the Object Interactions drawer.
- Delete the URL in the Target Link so that the field is blank, then tap the X to close the drawer. All other triggers and interactions remain in place, but Torch will not open any links afterward.